- September 21, 2017 at 12:58 pm #25292
I want to buy an Android TV box but I’m very confused. there are many of them out there and it’s hard picking one. I was surfing through Jumia when I saw this:
It’s only about 10k and it’s the cheapest I’ve ever seen. On this same Jumia, I’m seeing Android TV boxes selling for as high as 50k. Is this one in the link worth buying? Has anyone used it and can give a first-hand experience?September 21, 2017 at 3:06 pm #25298
If it’s too good to be true, best believe it’s a lie. I’m not sure you’ll get a good Android TV box for that price. Damn too cheap, I would avoid it.September 21, 2017 at 3:50 pm #25303
As pointed out by @stfu88, this looks too cheap. I recently got an Android TV box and I think I have an idea of things to look out for when buying one.
1. The RAM should be at least 2GB.
2. The processor too matters. You wouldn’t want to struggle with an Android TV box with a 1.0GHz quad-core processor.
3. Make sure you check the internet for reviews. GOing to eBay and AMazon just to read reviews on that particular model you’re buying should go a long way in helping you make the right decision.
4. Although these boxes support SD card, I still think 16GB should be your minimum.
5. Don’t buy an Android TV box with Android Lollipop. Marshmallow should be the minimum since these things are hardly upgraded anyway.
Other things you should consider include 4K, HDMI 2.0. USB 3.0, etc… but thoseSeptember 21, 2017 at 10:23 pm #25314
Based on this forum post, I just put together this article:
You might want to check it out.September 24, 2017 at 4:51 pm #25376
I bought one of these things, didn’t last 2 months. Perhaps I should’ve done some research.November 15, 2018 at 4:23 pm #27805
<span style=”font-family: ‘Roboto Slab’, serif; font-size: 15px;”>it’s too good to be true</span>
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.